I’ve got a glue stick

Pritt glue stick - a great toolI love my Dymo, my new water soluble oil crayons and all of my note books. I love to own a sewing machine (even thought the quilt I’m working on right now is so difficult to sew since it gets bubbly all the time!) and I love to have access to a digital camera, my laptop and lots of other great tools for creative work. I have had my water colours for years, and couldn’t do without them! But if I were to chose one tool right now it would be the glue stick. (And that is because I can’t take a picture of my own brain, my all time favorite tool for creativity work…)

The glue stick and I go way back, I remember them from my childhood when my mother would glue all the photos of me into a special album, albums that were made for me and about me. The glue stick is perfect for gluing photos to cardstock, and I’ve always had them laying around in the house. And since I started making collages… I think I must’ve finished about 40 of Pritt glue sticks in a year!

Posted for Studio Friday: about my favorite tool.

This entry was posted in Paper Crafting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to I’ve got a glue stick

1. tine says:

Your favorite tool makes me smile. I just finished two glue sticks and still have to buy new ones. My favorite glues? UHU and Pritt. best quality. Your quilt sounds interesting…I will have a browse around your site…will you show us a photo when the quilt is finished? What a great project. If one could glue a quilt as opposed to sew it I’d be all in for it, hahaha! :-)

2. iHanna says:

Tine, for sure I’m gonna show the baby quilt with all it’s gloryful misstakes here. It’s a baby quilt and it’s taking me for ever to make. But soon, I promise!

3. Bea says:

I think my favorite tool is my brain, too! And I actually thought about writing about it, too! But I didn?t and now that I read that in your entry, I had to laugh out loud! Great! And hooray for glue sticks!

4. M%n says:

Hihi, I also use lots and lots of gluesticks, I buy them six at the time… I’m glad I’m not the only glue-addict here… :))

5. melanee says:

I just bought some sepia-toned decoupage and used it last night to “age” some photos for a collage-very cool new tool. One of my favorite tools recently are these rubber alphabet stamps that you can either use a stamp pad to use or apply paint on them directly. I have used rubber cement for ages, but am now thinking of switching over to something less messy and acid free.

6. wynlen says:

Glue is great. I should run out and buy a bunch of glue sticks, because it seems like I never have one when I need it.

7. michael says:

Hi hanna, thanks for the nice comments onour Scrapiteria blog. I thought I would pop over and write one here. hey, your Pritt Sticks are a different colour to ours in the U.K. which are white! I use them all the time so i suppose they are my favourite tool too and the nice scissors that Angelica sent me from Texas.

8. Becky says:

Ah, the humble but oh so necessary glue stick – a fitting tribute to an unsung hero!!

9. isay says:

i am glue stick lover. i use UHU and anything that can stick my work perfectly. nice site you’ve got here.